MOTU & OTOKO
STEEP RISING TERRAIN (HILL COUNTRY ON OTHER BLOCKS)
3,500 EFFECTIVE HECTARES
Dan + Jane Griffin
Farm Owner, Rakanui Station
- Manutuke, blocks at Motu and Otoko.
- 3,500 effective ha across the three stations.
- Sheep and beef breeding and finishing operation.
- Steep rising terrain, hill country on other blocks.
FARMER’S AIR INVOLVEMENT
- Been using Farmer’s Air as long as they’ve existed –Dan’s father Bob Griffin, was a founding member of the initial Farmer’s Air Partnership formed by local farmers.
- Have never used any other operator.
- Have Diammonium Phosphate (DAP) applied in Autumn, Superphosphate in Summer and Lime as required.
- Uses neighbouring strip.
THEIR EXPERIENCE AT A GLANCE:
- Farmer’s Air provide a prompt and efficient service year on year.
- Son uses the TracMap® feature online and finds it to be a simple and user-friendly way of mapping out the areas ear marked for application and the process from that point is really hassle free.
- Safety is something they take very seriously – they won’t fly if there is any risk to person or property but they will work hard to get the job done as soon as they can in good weather windows.
- The procedures they follow on the day of application are robust and seamless.
- They are keen to share their knowledge and innovations with their clients. They hold an open day to offer farmers opportunity to learn more about the business.
- They are a local owner-operated business and this shines through in their service and commitment to the job.
“Farmer’s Air are leaders in the field with their fleet and the technology in their aircraft – they’re miles ahead of everybody else.”
“It’s just fantastic for our region to have passionate people like this who are prepared to invest in aerial top dressing and keep it local.”